ob Title: Site Safety Officer
Location: Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm
This really is an exceptional opportunity for a Site Safety Officer with relevant experience to join an outstanding and growing organization within the food industry.
To provide the site with a complete health and safety resource, focused on delivering strategic targets set to meet the needs of the business and its employees.
Ensuring all relevant policies and procedures are in place and practiced in line with legislative requirements in a cost-effective manner.
Robust audit processes and KPI’S will be in place to measure effectiveness and drive improvements. Training and development of staff to drive awareness, improving trends need to be achieved in near miss reporting and accident reduction as part of our ambition and culture to drive Zero lost time injury occurrences.
Reporting to the UK Health & Safety Manager your role responsibilities will include:
- To prepare a site health and safety plan for the year based on site, strategic and legislative needs
- To prepare and maintain Job Safety Analysis for each role onsite
- Record Near Miss reports and liaise with relevant departments to action the improvements required in order of risk rating and priority in a timely manner.
- To carry out Risk assessments as required by legislation and other bodies on tasks, equipment and job role
- All risk assessments are reviewed an updated within timescale set
- To regularly audit and inspect each department/area for health and safety compliance
- Compile and manage a Non-conformance database to reduce Non-conformances, analysing the data to highlight areas for improvement, driving actions plans to complete
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate health and safety training requirements for all staff in line with legislative and strategic business requirements.
- Develop health and safety standards to IS0180001 level
- Prepare health and safety reports as required
- Carry out weekly site compliance audits of all departments on a rolling schedule and report on the findings at the time of the audit.
- Attend the daily review meeting.
- Lead and coordinate a site Health and Safety Champions group, with daily interaction, coaching and educating to drive awareness and improve near miss reporting
- Assist in the annual audits of site, so that compliance meets the target set for weekly/annual compliance
- Control H&S spend on compliance items and PPE in line with the budget set.
- Develop effective relationships with legislative bodies
- Effective management of health screening in place complying with working time directive & sickness prevention, occupational health concerns or issues are risk assessed and actioned
- Investigate all accidents gathering witness statements and evidence, actioning any Non-compliance and providing information to create lesson learnt.
- Improvement of sites behavioural based safety programme with Staff engagement and highlighting “at risk areas”
- Engage with staff daily on their “at Risk behaviours” through attendance at line managers meetings and time spent in all operational areas
- Liaison with service providers/contractors to provide third party compliance testing and full review of RAMS/Method Statements.
- Ensuring all compliance checks are in place with certificates and records are up to date and auditable
- Liaison with local and national HSE authority, managing non-compliance or site visits.
- Auditable COSHH database is maintained.
- Assist UK H&S Manager in ensuring the TOP TEN risks to the business for your site are managed to “Green” Status
To be considered for this role we require the following skills, qualifications and experience:
Ideally you will be qualified in a suitable Health & Safety subject with the relevant time served practical experience and skills in the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience within a site H&S role for a manufacturing company
- NEBOSH General Certificate – essential
- Experience working within manufacturing (food production is desirable)
- Passion for Health and Safety
- Experience driving a culture change in health and safety
- Leadership and management experience
- Strong personality / very hands on
- Ability to influence at all levels and to all stakeholders from factory floor upwards
We’re looking for a real self-starter, flexible with lots of initiative and ability. You will be influential, decisive and able to demonstrate good judgement with a high degree of self-assurance and confidence.
In return we will provide a competitive salary depending on experience, company pension scheme, Death in service x2 annual salary, Performance-based annual bonus scheme, Uniform/PPE, Excellent working conditions, subsidised staff restaurant.
Please apply on line at www.Froneri.uk.com or alternatively, in writing/by email, enclosing a CV, to Heather Kemp, (Heather.Kemp@uk.froneri.com) HR Dept, Froneri, Leeming Bar Industrial Estate, Leeming Bar, Northallerton DL7 9UL. Closing date Friday 18th December 2020.