Job type: Part-time/ Flexible Hours/ Contract
Salary: £14 per hour
Closing Date: 4th December 2020
Contact name: Lisa Bean
Ref Code: AM131120
Are you a person who likes to help other people?
Are you studying a health or sports based course?
Have you experience in coaching individuals?
Are you looking to expand your practical experience?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions you might be interested in joining us.
We are looking for somebody to work with a brain injured person (Client) who is about to undertake one of our rehabilitation programmes.
HOW IT WORKS
|reach| are responsible for providing rehabilitation for clients who have suffered an acquired brain injury, typically from a car accident. The rehabilitation programme takes place in the client’s home and community where you would work with them for about 6 hours per week for the length of the contract (initially 6 months, then the hours decrease slightly for the final 2 months). Your role is to encourage the client to work on the tasks identified by an Occupational Therapist which will help the client improve their quality of life.
Although the number of hours per week are set by the programme the timings are flexible to meet the needs of the client and what fits in with you.
£14 per hour
- To help restore the client to the best possible quality of life in the areas covered by the rehabilitation plan
- The activities will vary widely from client to client. Typical activities are teaching memory strategies, relearning household tasks, rediscovering leisure activities, preparing to return to work.
- Comply with the precise specifications set-out by the plan.
- Keep daily records.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality
You won’t be alone – your work will be supervised and guided on a weekly basis by the Neuro-Occupational Therapist who designed the programme.
- Background in OT, Psychology, Sports Therapy, Coaching or similar
- Able to work well with people, individually and in a team.
- Positive approach to managing challenging situations
- Ability to write observations clearly for clinical note keeping
- Flexible and adaptable
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise
- Able to use initiative
- Good verbal skills
- Time management skills
If you would like more information about the details of the job take a look on our web site www.reachpersonalinjury.com/vacancies .
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting ref AM131120.
If you haven’t heard back from us within 10 days of the closing date (4th December 2020) then unfortunately we have not progressed your application any further.