LOCATION: Spalding, Lincolnshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary – paid 27th of each month
WORKING HOURS: Hours: Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:00.
THE COMPANY: Established in January 2000, our client is an award winning business supplying top Quality fruit to the UK’s leading supermarkets. Specialising in apples, pears and avocados and with offices in Spalding, Lincolnshire and Whitstable, Kent, they employ in the region of 250 staff and turnover £114 million per annum.
THE ROLE: We have the following opportunity to provide support to the Avocado desk during a period of maternity cover, commencing January 2021.
Full training will be provided however the main role responsibilities will be as follows:
Key Responsibilities for the Commercial Executive to include:-
- To provide a full administrative support service to the Avocado team, including setting up purchase orders and allocating fruit to specific customers.
- To cover the desk in the absence of the Business Unit Manager, TM and Account Manager, managing routine enquiries and escalating issues as appropriate.
- To manage transportation of the product, including liaising with the Shipping Manager regarding the timing of container arrivals using the in-bound schedule.
- To manage stock on its arrival at Apple Way, making decisions based on product quality and customer requirements, rotating stock as required while liaising with the Materials Planning team.
- To plan and order additional stock as required, making judgements based on knowledge of future issues. To develop a schedule/process to assist with this.
- To key in sales and sales orders, agree and process order changes and enter data in PM10, ensuring Operations are notified and stock is available.
- To assist with hosting visits as appropriate.
- To develop data, reports and processes to assist the Avocado team on its CI journey.
- To continually improve personal knowledge of the product. To keep up to date with issues affecting avocado growth worldwide.
- To actively promote best practice in relation to Hygiene, Health & Safety standards, good housekeeping and environmental issues.
THE CANDIDATE: Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of both verbal and written English.
You will also be required to work well in a team, be flexible and have great attention to detail skills.
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
Vacancy: Commercial Executive
Salary: Competitive salary
Contract Type: Temporary – Maternity Leave
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:00