Stellex Manufacturing Ltd based in Hadston, Morpeth are looking for an experienced Welder / Fabricator. We offer an extensive range of products for use in the catering industry, from the simplest of tables for food preparation through to bespoke servery counters.
Throughout the Company’s trading history, we have earned a reputation within the catering fabrication and distributor markets for providing high quality solutions and services to all its end users. And are now expanding into the Pharmaceutical and veterinary markets
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this role is responsible for manufacturing components and fabrications used in the companies Stainless Steel Commercial and Industrial Catering Equipment offering.
Main duties will include:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Manufacture / Tig Weld Stainless Steel fabrication using 1.00 to 3.00 mm material
- Previous knowledge anduse of a guillotine, CNC press brake, Notcher and other workshop machinery. Would be an advantage
- Use hand tools and semi-automatic deburring equipment.
- Carry out aspects of metal polishing including buffing, graining of stainless steel and aluminium
- Maintain and ensure equipment is safe, clean and in good working order, reporting any defaults that may arise.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy, adhering to Health and Safety procedures and policies at all times.
- Any other duties commensurate within this position and skill set required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of working on a shop floor environment, within sheet metal
- Must be flexible to meeting the production demands of the business
- Use a variety of hand tools to complete all metal finishing on a variety and size of products.
- Weld thin gauge mild and stainless steel
- Be able to meet reasonable time scales for the work required.
- Have the ability to work within a team.
- Pay attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the ability to multi-task.
- Previous Pharmaceutical and pipework experience would be an advantage
What we offer in return:
- Salary is negotiable dependent on skills and experience
- 28days’ holiday (inclusive of annual, bank/public days)
- Access to a contributory company pension scheme, employer contribution of 3%,
- A varied and interesting role.
Suitable? In the first instance, please submit your CV and written application by email quoting RAF-2191/MOoutlining what you feel you can offer us and this role. All applications should be emailed to: email@example.com . To find out more about our Company please visit our company website. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you, we look forward to receiving your application.