Bluebird Care has an amazing opportunity for a Registered Manager to join our ever expanding inspirational and dedicated team in the Birmingham.. We are looking for someone to share our high-quality values.
About the role:
Bluebird Care is an outstanding domiciliary care agency who deliver a high standard of care to individuals with a varied range of needs.
Our Care Assistants specialise in supporting clients with all aspects of their day to day living so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life in the comfort of their own homes.
Our Ideal Registered Manager:
We are seeking a Registered Manager to efficiently manage the day to day running of the business. Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality, safe and effective homecare to customers within budget. Manage all aspects of the staff team. Provide strong leadership so staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Manage the safety and quality of the business
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for infection prevention and control
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
- Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements
- Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service
Provide a good service to customers
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support
- Prior to each service commencing make sure a full assessment of each customer’s needs and associated risks is carried out. Identify what the customer would like to achieve from their care and support
- Create with the customer and/or their chosen representative a written individually tailored care and support plan that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree the plan and appropriate risk control measures to reduce the risks
- Provide the customer, and where appropriate their representatives, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns
- Apply excellent communication skills with customers, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services
- Keep all information about customers, their representatives and their families secure and confidential except where policy requires you to share to protect the interests of our customers
Lead and manage staff
- Manage the effective recruitment, induction and training of the office team (e.g. coordinator (s), supervisor (s), and support staff) and care assistants. Identify ongoing training needs and make sure staff are up to date with current best practice
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times. Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
- Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to effectively and safely carry out their roles. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls either directly or indirectly when care assistants are sick or absent
Promote the business
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner
- Participate in the growth and development of the business. Work with the franchise owner to achieve key performance targets
Your Registered Manager Benefits:
In return for your hard work and continued commitment, we are offering the following benefits:
- Market Leading Salary of £25-£28k
- Full Induction and continuous award winning training
- Defined Career Path
- Career development opportunities
- Performance Bonus
To not miss out on the opportunity to become our next Registered Manager, click the apply now button and register your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!