A fantastic opportunity to join a newly created function, we’re looking for a Lead Development/Sales Development Manager who has experience in coaching, mentoring and managing LDR/SDR teams to cultivate and qualify leads to drive qualified opportunities for the sales team. The ideal candidate will bring practical experience in building LDR/SDR teams, and an exceptional ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a strong track record of building effective relationships with a broad range of peers and executives. The Lead Development Manager will monitor team performance, ensure performance is aligned to established policies and guidelines and motivate the team to achieve or exceed goals and objectives. You will manage a group of talented individuals who are dispersed across both our EMEA and APAC regions so some exposure to building high performing teams is preferred. We are open on location and happy to offer flexible working.
• Hire, train and manage a team of LDRs on inbound leads, lead follow up, cold calling, prospecting, pipeline development, and opportunity identification
• Work closely with Demand Generation teams, Marketing Ops, Sales Ops and Direct and Channel Sales to continuously improve the lead lifecycle
o Closely monitor Inbound MQL treatment to ensure best in class conversions
o Propose and implement strategies to improve lead gen, qualification and hand-off to Sales including inbound, cold outbound, in-person and digital events, etc.
o Ensure processes, procedures and policies are socialized, documented, adhered and followed to ensure results are comprised of quantity AND quality
• Set and track goals and objectives and develop strategies to achieve targets
o Monitor call handling and trends to maximize effectiveness in delivering our value prop and building the sales pipeline
o Hold each LDR accountable to defined performance plans
o Promote a culture of intensity around activity and performance (SLAs)
• Collaborate with sales and marketing to ensure a smooth hand-off of new opportunities, and reviewing the quality of sales opportunities on a regular basis
o Align Sales and Marketing on the handoff of leads
• Continuously drive the effective management of leads including status updates, data integrity and capturing qualifying info before hand-off to sales
• Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement
• Create lead/sales development resources including, but not limited to, call scripts and prospecting emails to ensure the consistency and effectiveness of our messaging
• Ensure sales, marketing and legal policies and procedures are met
• Develop new dashboards and reporting insights to drive a better understanding of the underlying business performance; Staying close to the data, numbers, and performance is critical to success
o Measure and report against KPIs, as well as creating ad hoc reports as needed or requested by senior management; Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual team reports
• Provide training and ongoing coaching, mentoring and development to LDRs; ensure consistent sharing of internal/external best practices
• Maintain and develop the career growth path for LDR’s
• Bachelor’s degree required preferably in business, marketing or engineering.
• 5+ years managing an inside sales, sales development or lead development function with proven track record of meeting or exceeding targets and team objectives and retaining
• Strong experience with Salesforce CRM, Pardot and either Salesforce High Velocity Sales or SalesLoft
• Solid experience creating campaigns and cadences for lead development teams or sales teams including email messages and call scripts to demonstrate an understanding of customer needs and alignment to our solutions or value we provide
• In depth experience understanding the entire commercial process and customer experience
• Ability to function in a Player/Coach role
• Experience working in a growth-oriented, fast-paced, self-directed and every changing environment
• Ability to leverage social media and other 3rd party tools to identify and engage with key decision makers and leads
• Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in local language
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results under pressure and adapt to changing business requirements; ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities and motivate a team to do the same
• Highly independent, self-motivated and results driven
• Remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
• Able to coach team so they can better assess business opportunities based on predetermined criteria in order to align opportunities with sales
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
• Willing to take direction, engage in training and apply techniques and constructive criticism to improve performance
• Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others
• Consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.