Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Facilities Manager UK is an important leadership role within Real Estate and Facilities (ReFac) team that is directly responsible for ensuring consistent and optimized processes and services are delivered to internal customers in our UK offices. This position ensures high levels of customer satisfaction for multiple customers while driving the success of each the tactical goals and objectives. The position is responsible for providing countrywide services and support and actively seeking out and leveraging cross-functional synergies within UK
- Support the regional head ReFac for EMEA in all real estate activities within UK to include, but not limited to, the following: site selection, lease negotiation, renewals and dispositions
- Assist the regional head of ReFac for EMEA during annual budgeting exercise and managing cost of ownership for UK real estate, infrastructure and workplace ensuring coordination with the Accounting team
- Provides leadership for real estate, facilities, security, health and safety support for theUK offices
- Proactively coordinates transaction management, project management, property management, occupancy management,etc. in support of the global RE strategy
- Responsible for developing vendor relationships for facilities O&M activities and ensuring customer satisfaction with vendor services
- Management and coordination of day to day facilities, security operations and office administration of ANSYS offices space within UK
- Forecast, plan and carry out predictive/ preventive maintenance of office infrastructure
- Drive operational efficiency and standardization throughout UK offices
- Direct responsibility for managing local facility team members in UK offices (appraisals, salaries, employee training and development etc)
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7-8 years of experience in managing real estate and facilities
- Understanding of requirements for the workplace, infrastructure, real property, and facilities, including impact on the portfolio plan
- Possess good knowledge of building service management
- Possess good communications skills, customer service attitude, and people management skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate preferred;alternatively, individuals could have gained the same level of knowledge and skill through on the job experience and training
- Professional registration or Master’s degree a plus
- Good knowledge of local culture and English skills
- Should be able to work on the phone and computer for an extended period of time
- The job will involve periodic travel within the UK to various Ansys offices
- Result oriented within the defined working boundaries
- Should have experience in leading a team of min 4-5 employees
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.